House fire on 5th Street

Staff Writer
Devils Lake Journal
The Devils Lake Fire Department was called to 901 5th Street NE at 11:32 a.m. on Wednesday, August 19 for a fire in a back bedroom.

The Devils Lake Fire Department was called to 901 5th Street NE at 11:32 a.m. on Wednesday, August 19 for a fire in a back bedroom.

According to Devils Lake Fire Chief Jim Moe, the fire, which created significant smoke damage, was caused by an overloaded electrical circuit.

Though three people and one dog had to be evacuated from the building, no one was hurt and Moe said, in his opinion, the damage was repairable.