Firefighters wore hazardous material suits to clean up the spilled drug.

WEST FARGO, N.D. (AP) — Authorities say fentanyl is likely to blame in the overdose death of a 19-year-old West Fargo man.

The fentanyl that killed Alexander Hirn on Thursday is potentially so dangerous that firefighters wore hazardous material suits to clean up the spilled drug.

WDAY reports that authorities tried to revive Hirn with a drug that reverses the effects of opioid overdoses, but they weren't successful. Another male with Hirn was taken to a hospital. His condition is unknown.

The incident is still being investigated.