The Devils Lake Fire Department was called to 110 10th St. NW at 2:15 a.m. responding to a house on fire.

The Devils Lake Fire Department was called to 110 10th St. NW at 2:15 a.m. responding to a house on fire.

The home’s original portion, shown here, suffered most of the damage however it is believed that the whole house will have to be gutted and repaired due to smoke and water damage.  

A neighbor passing the home noticed the smoke and flames and called the fire department.

According to Fire Chief Jim Moe the cause of the fire was electrical from the old wiring in the attic of the older part of the house.

Firefighters had the blaze out by 5 a.m., however they were called back at 8:40 a.m. when it flared up a second time after smoldering inside the wall.

Moe stated that he thought the house is not a total loss, that it is repairable. No one was injured in this incident.

Everyone was able to exit the home in time.