1. Residents are invited to attend a presentation Monday about the design of the new middle school from at 5 p.m. during the Board of Education meeting. An open house will follow from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Both will be at the Aslin Administration Building located at 1818 W. Worley Street. The new middle school, which will address overcrowding in south Columbia, is slated to open in 2020.
2. National experts will visit Columbia Tuesday to discuss business cybersecurity during an event at Mizzou Arena. The Cybersecurity Summit, hosted byt he Missouri Chamber of commerce and Industry and Huber and Associates, will feature experts from Ingram Micro, Symantec Corp, Monsanto, the National Guard, IBM and Huber & Associates. The event is from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Businesses can register for the event online at www.teamhuber.com/cybersecurity.
3. Wednesday will be move-in day for incoming freshmen at the University of Missouri. Students will be meeting their roommates, saying good-bye to parents and preparing to be part of the smallest class of new students in 20 years. For K-12 students, summer break will end when classes start Tuesday.
4. The Business Loop Community Improvement District will be holding its annual meeting at 8 a.m. Thursday at Parkade Plaza, room 128.
5. Good live music is in the cards Saturday when Rose Music Hall and Logboat Brewing Co. team up for the first ever Fortune Fest. The fortune teller-themed fest will feature sets from national acts such as Galactic, Banditos and The New Respects, as well as local The Many Colored Death and Don't Mind Dying.