|
|
|
|
Devils Lake Journal - Devils Lake, ND
  • Morning fire destroys Devils Lake home, injures resident

  • The call came into the Devils Lake Fire Hall at roughly 9:08 a.m. Wednesday morning, according to the Devils Lake Fire Chief Jim Moe.
    • email print
      Comment
  • The call came into the Devils Lake Fire Hall at roughly 9:08 a.m. Wednesday morning, according to the Devils Lake Fire Chief Jim Moe.
    The firefighters responded to a house fire that, in Moe’s words “was a real kicker.”
    The home was located in an older trailer court at 313 Third Ave. So., lot No. 3.
    It took most of the morning to contain the blaze that appeared to have started when the homeowner was burning an incense-like substance.
    She was able to escape but was injured and had to go to the hospital for treatment of what appeared to be minor burns.
    According to the fire chief,  it was an older trailer house and it was very difficult for the fire department to get to the source of the blaze.
    “We had to demo quite a bit of the trailer to get at the fire to get it under control,” Moe admitted.
    “But we made sure it was completely out and that took most of the morning.”

        calendar