- Grid practice opens
- Posted Aug. 10, 2011 midnight
- Football practice began Wednesday for high schools across North Dakota and Devils Lake High School hit the gridiron early. The Firebirds, under the direction of coach Jay Schneider, went through drills at Lafferty Field on the campus of the North Dakota School for the Deaf. Devils Lake, which has a scrimmage scheduled for Aug. 20 against Grand Forks Red River and Grand Forks Central, opens the regular season on Aug. 26 at Jamestown. The annual homecoming game is Sept. 10 at Roller Field against Bismarck.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition today and keep up with all the latest news and views from our community.
- Top Stories
- Record rain leading to flooding in North Dakota
- Heavy rainfall sets records across ND
- Gas prices headed for record in ND
- Park Board sets fees
- 2013 Chautauqua continues with Bird Talk, Bird Walk both with ...
- Diamond Dirt: At a loss of words
- Murder at Spirit Lake
- LRSC a Gold Fit-Friendly worksite
- Dalrymple to sign tougher ND DUI laws today
- President Obama signs ND Emergency Declaration
- Diamond Dirt: Roger Maris going into Missouri Sports HOF
- Read more top stories